Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chalkboard pantry!

It didn't take long for me to take on my first project in the new home. Our apartment doesn't have any sort of pantry and pretty limited kitchen storage so we knew we'd have to get something for that. We were just going to get a wire shelf at target and put it in the utility room, but then we saw this on craigslist and I was SURE it would still fit in there with the washer and dryer.


Perfect fit, right? Except for that I couldn't use the washer and dryer that I dedicated a whole blog post to, so that wasn't happening. So then it found a home in the dining room. How cute is it?! And the perfect size. But I knew I wanted to do a little something to it to make it more us. 

Step 1. Find perfectly shabby cabinet on craigslist

Chalkboard paint-the answer to all most life's questions.

Step 2. Tape off edges and paint first coat. Question how long you've had
this chalkboard paint. Should I have sanded it first? Whatever.

The finished product! I'm really excited with how it turned out! 

Step 3. Apply second coat and remove tape. Sanding not
necessary which is good because I've never sanded a thing in my life.

It works too! And so far it's been great for keeping track of what we need! We'll see how long we actually use it to keep a list of what we need, but regardless it was definitely worth the $30!

Step 4. Get peanut butter, a can opener, and truvia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment