Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Redoing the living room continued!

I know that I want our living room to have lots of color and be a bright and happy place. Since we're renting and can't paint I have to find other ways to do that and knew pillows were the way to do it. Easier said than done. I was super particular about what I wanted, but didn't want to spend a lot of money to get it. Like with the stockings, I figured I was better off making what I wanted, than searching high and low to find it. I ended up using this tutorial and it was awesome!! I went back and forth about whether I wanted to mess with zippers or not and in the end decided as long as I could take it off to wash, I didn't need to deal with zippers. I found the perfect fabric and got to work

This is how the back ends up looking with the envelope style covers. 


The hardest part was measuring and cutting the fabric to the right size, the actual sewing was super easy and pretty foolproof. And now we have a happy couch, just the way I want it! 


On top of new pillows we also got a new dining table this weekend! We met Ross's parents for breakfast on Saturday and they were checking out some antique stores after and we tagged along. At the second store we found a table we loved. We already had a great table-it had been mine growing up and is an antique table from Scotland- but we don't have a very big dining area and something smaller would give us a little more room. It came with all the different chairs and looks perfect with the other cabinets we have in the dining room (the one on the right is where the bottles that had been on ground for months finally found a home).


I love our table and finally feel like we're starting to make this little apartment feel like our home! 


No comments:

Post a Comment