Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Queso Soup

Okay, so technically it's called Santa Fe soup, but it really is like eating a big bowl of queso and calling it soup. And it is as delicious as it sounds. I got this wonderful recipe from my very best friend after I texted her for any good ground beef recipes-you can only make spaghetti and tacos so many times. I seriously cannot explain how delicious this is. And it made a TON. Like filled my Dutch oven and I've got lunch for the week! I changed a couple things from the original recipe based on what I had at home, but don't think I would change anything I did! And it was a one pot meal-can't beat that!

Queso Soup

Ingredients
-1lb ground beef
-onion powder
-garlic
-1 can diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
-1 can rotels (I used the spicy kind)
-1 can corn
-1 can ranch style beans (I used the kind with jalepenos)
-1 can refried beans
-1lb velveeta, cut into cubes (I used the sharp cheddar kind)

Directions

  1. Brown ground beef in Dutch oven or large stock pot along with a clove of minced garlic and onion powder and drain off the fat. 
  2. Dump all of the cans into the Dutch oven-no draining here, just dump the cans in. Stir it all up until it's mixed together. Then add the velveeta and turn the heat down and until everything gets hot and the cheese has melted. Make sure to stir occasionally. It takes about 20 minutes to get all melty and hot! Serve with chips
And because I can't remember to take a picture to save my life, here's my little cup of leftover soup that I brought to work with me! 


It is as good as it looks! And here's the original recipe! 

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/13430/santa-fe-soup


No comments:

Post a Comment