Monday, February 10, 2014

Redoing the living room

We were lucky enough to be given the majority of the furniture in our home from friends and family. And while it is all really great, solid pieces, it isn't exactly my style. I began to look around Pinterest and blogs for ideas and decided I wanted  to use some type of chalk/mineral paint to redo all the furniture. I HATE sanding. I'm not even sure I know how to do it, and the less coats of primer/paint I have to apply-the better. I researched and compared brands and decided on Cece Caldwell Paint. It had great reviews and there was a retailer less than a mile from where I work! I eventually want to work my way up to redoing our dresser but knew I should start small and decided to paint our end table for the living room in "Nantucket Spray"- a really pretty light mint/grey color. I forgot to take a before picture of the end table somewhere, but just picture the table in a normal wood color. Also disregard the giant pile of bottles. Those found a new home in all the decorating too!
I can not recommend this paint enough. It is not cheap. At all. Ross was not happy when I told him how much a quart was ($35) but it covers SOOO well and you don't need to sand or prime so that alone was worth it for me. And I barely used a cup of it to cover the whole table with 2 coats! Once the second coat had dried, I distressed the edges with super fine sandpaper and then I sealed it with a poly-acrylic varnish!
I LOVE how the table ended up and it really got me started on finishing our living/dining rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment