Thursday, December 26, 2013

Our First Christmas

Much like our first Thanksgiving I really dropped the ball when it came to taking pictures. At this rate we probably wont have a single picture of us together on any of our first holidays. As soon as we moved into the apartment the first thing I got ready and unpacked was the Christmas tree and decorations.



I'm sure Ross thought I was absolutely crazy, but he went with it, and I loved that our little home really felt like Christmas! 


On the morning of Christmas Eve we went to Ross's parents for breakfast and spent some time with them and Ross's brother and his wife! Then we headed out to Rockwall where we spent Christmas Eve with my family. We made pizza and opened one present-pajamas- the way its been as long as I can remember! We stayed the night there instead of driving back and forth, and woke up early for presents and monkey bread. It was so nice to be able to spend the morning with my family and not have to drive for hours to get there. After breakfast we headed back to Arlington to spend the rest of the day with Ross's family! We had a great Christmas lunch and opened more presents and spent the rest of the day watching Christmas movies. And I don't have a single picture to show for any of it- but we'll get to that when we get to New Years resolutions. Whether I have the pictures to show it or not, it was an absolutely wonderful Christmas and I'm so thankful for the family I have and the time I spend with them. I think Ross and I are still in denial that we live so close to our families, but I'm sure it will sink in very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment