Monday, March 3, 2014

12 Dates a Year-February

The main reason we first planned the trip to Austin was the celebrate our second date that my brother and sister put together for us! I cannot put into words how excited I was on February 1st when I opened that envelope to see we were going to Austin for the night for a wonderful dinner and to watch Wicked! I LOVE Wizard of Oz and was so excited for Wicked. Ross was just as excited for our weekend away, but is not quite the Wizard of Oz enthusiast that I am. We changed that, by watching it Wednesday night to get ready. We were so excited for our date and took a hotel mirror pic to kick it off!


Then we had a delicious dinner at Olive & June, which I would absolutely recommend to anyone in Austin. 
Bucatini Amatriciana
Green Garlic Risotto
I sent a picture of the dessert menu to my siblings to help me make the hardest decision of the night.


Ross went with the milk chocolate peanut butter semifreddo


And I went with the cinnamon "bimbo-limbo" as my brother called it



We headed over to Wicked after that


Where the usher took his job VERY seriously so we don't have any pictures of us at the show, but we did take a quick one before we headed in! 




It also happened to be our 4 month anniversary this weekend, and although it's only been a few months, there is absolutely no one else I'd rather be doing life with! Thankful for every minute we spend together and all the memories we're making. 

Before we headed back home the next morning, we stopped at Gourdough's for what was without a doubt the most amazing donuts we've ever had-why yes, that is bacon on a maple glazed donut!


And a donut with chicken and honey-butter. Austin food, yall.


Then someone surprised me with a detour to Starbucks on the way home, where he was also a little surprised by the 30 degree temperature drop.



His Hawaiian shirt and frappacino weren't exactly keeping him warm. 


Thank you again to my wonderful brother and sister for the most generous gift ever. We've had so much fun with the first two and look forward to them every month!! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of giving 12 dates a year! So creative and fun. I may have to steal that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! It is so much fun and one of our favorite gifts! We love opening the envelope the first of each month :) I miss you, but love being able to keep up with what y'all are up to!

      Delete